Ye Olde Victorian Memes

Dear Blog,

Good Evening! Today I saw this very uninformed add for a greeting card about global warming, and I thought I would make a post about all the funny things out there about history.


 Lace-y pantaloons in 1720? But hey, if it’s frilly, it’s any era.



So this is a bit funny... even though the door is not period appropriate for the 18th century ;)



I’m not sure if “historical” would be the right term...



So if you’re in the mood to start complaining about the US, at the very least get your facts right. I guess The new way to spell “sailor” is solider  ? 



Medieval movies can be hittermiss. 


We are all well-versed on the unspeakable polyester "costumes". 

Excuse me, your nylon stockings are showing.



The longer you look, the worse it gets. 


To refresh your brain, here are a few of my favorite “historically accurate memes”. Enjoy! 


How could they??



POV you have a modern washing machine



Hairpins wouldn't hurt as well :|




haha



🤪

But it's oh-so true


the Met online is amazing


I once heard that guys in the 1700’s filled their socks with sand to look more muscular, but then the sand would fall out in front of everyone. 

LOL 

Once I was wearing a skirt a few inches above my ankles, and a roughly 8 year old boy asked his mom if I was Amish. 
Ha ha!


So that’s all. I hope you enjoyed my small rants, and had a few good laughs! 



Comments

Post a Comment

How does this relate to you? What did you think?

Popular Post

My First Post and Portfolio

My 1860’s Corset (With Measurements)

The Making of a Quill and Ink