Cleaning a Husqvarna Viking (Emerald)

 Dear Blog,

Today I was having some troubles with my machine, and Google said to clean it. And so, here we are…

1. Find the smallest screwdriver you can and unscrew the one screw that holds it together.


2. Life the plate off, and take out the bobbin holder.




3. Clean it out. The machine is supposed to come with a brush. I don’t have one, so I found another small brush thing. Just use whatever small brush thing you can find. As you can see, mine is pretty bad. I’ve never cleaned it before…



And after…


Don’t use canned air, as it will just blow the dust further into the machine. Also, there is no need to oil anything with this particular model of sewing machine. Here is a link to the user guide for free:


https://www.manua.ls/husqvarna/viking-emerald-116/manual


NOTE!!

There is a wick under the bobbin holder! This holds the oil. It is supposed to be there!!!  Do not take this out like I did!!!






Comments

Popular Post

My First Post and Portfolio

My 1860’s Corset (With Measurements)

The Making of a Quill and Ink